Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Yes Day! by Amy Krouse Rosenthal

Yes Day! is a book that we picked up a few years ago, I think at a Scholastic book fair.  It's about a little boy who celebrates the best day of the year, Yes Day!  His parents say yes to everything he asks.  I love that the book gets kids imagining what they would do on their own Yes Day.  What I also love is that the boy has a wonderful day getting his parents to say yes to everything but none of his requests are outlandish and costly.  He doesn't abuse this fun day.  This book has inspired my family to have a Yes Day.  We normally do it end of January or beginning of February, depending on schedules.  The day typically starts with ice cream for breakfast.  There are a few 'Yes, but' situations.  The kids really look forward to it and have a good time.  Fun to break up the winter blahs.

Amy Krouse Rosenthal has written many other children's books that I enjoy as well.  Check her out!

No comments:

Post a Comment