Friday, May 27, 2016

Shooter by Caroline Pignat

26048538Caroline Pignat is a Canadian author that attracts quite a few readers in my school library.  One of the most popular being Egghead.  I haven't had a chance to read any of her books up until now when I received an ARC of Shooter.

Shooter begins with a school being placed in lock down and students running for cover.  After many classrooms being locked a group of students find themselves hiding out in the boys bathroom.  These five students all think they've got the others pegged on who they but after an hour in lock down together they quickly realise that maybe their perceptions are all based on image and rumours.

The back cover of Shooter recommends the book for ages 12 and up.  Unless it shows up as a Red Maple nominee in the Forest of Reading next year, I don't think it is something I will add in my school library.  I think it is an excellent story but a bit too mature for the majority of my readers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment