Thursday, August 17, 2017

Young Jane Young by Gabrielle Zevin

33590214Young Jane Young is the story of a young girl made some mistakes early on in life.  Some mistakes with a married, older, important man.  When her mistake is revealed she's the one that gets smeared in the media.  He comes out with a long successful career and marriage still intact.  With a bleak future Jane leaves town and builds a new life for herself where no one knows her name or recognizes her.  Fast forward 13 years later when she's got a new life built for herself and a curious daughter about to make it all coming crashing down again.

I really enjoyed all the characters in this story.  They were funny and just my kind of humor.  The book was very fast paced.  I always love a book that writes with different character's perspective.

This is the second book that I have read by Gabrielle Zevin.  Check out my review of her first novel  The Storied Life of A. J Fikry as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment