Sunday, April 5, 2015

And the Birds Rained Down by Jocelyne Saucier

16057370Today I did some thing that I haven't done in about 15 years.  I read a book in a day.  Now it is only 160 pages but still it felt good.  I used to read a book a day all the time back in my teens and early 20's but these days there's no way that can happen.  But today the house was clean and the kids were busy.  So I sat and read.  A guilty pleasure.  I also had 3 cups of tea throughout.

And the Birds Rained Down was a Canada Reads 2015 nominee.  I've only had find time to watch the first days so far.  I have to say based on the discussions I wasn't overly interested in this book.  I thought it was all drugs and sex and old people.  And the Birds Rained Down certainly does have all those things but it also has so much more.  There's more than one beautiful love story throughout.  There's also Ontario scenery.  Art.

I really enjoyed it.  I'm not positive that it's the book that all Canada should read.  I do think the book would appeal to wide audience.  An enjoyable read for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment