Thursday, August 24, 2017

Zero Repeat Forever by G. S. Prendergast

28945665Zero Repeat Forever is a 5 star book.  I don't say that too often.  I LOVED this book.  First of all the cover.  It's stunning.  Go ahead and judge this book by it's cover.  Beautiful.  I know I've recently wrote another book review on here where I claim that I dislike science fiction and here I am again reading science fiction and giving it top ratings.  Maybe I do actually like science fiction?!?!  This book is a few pages short of 500 and I didn't want it to end.

Zero Repeat Forever is about a group of kids away at a camp for the summer in Alberta when the world is taken over by another life form.  They can see big cities exploding in the distance.  They believe if they leave the camp they will be killed.  They've seen videos.  They are called Nahx.  They shoot you with a dart and that's the end.

Raven and her friends have been living at camp for a few months now but their food supply is dwindling, winter is coming and they need to make a move.  See if they can find other survivors and search for more supplies.  But it doesn't take long before they are face to face with their first Nahx.

Zero Repeat Forever is a dystopian Beauty and the Beast story.  I was constantly being drawn in for one more chapter.  The only negative thing I could say is that there are a handful of references to some drug use that just felt unnecessary to me.  Unfortunately, not a book I can buy for my school but perfect for grade 9 and up.

No comments:

Post a Comment