Wednesday, July 29, 2020

The Kids are Gonna Ask by Gretchen Anthony

45422547

Savannah and Thomas McClair are twins that lost their mom in an accident when they were 13 years old.  They've known their dad but they've got a grandmother, Maggie, that loves and cares for them.  Maggie likes to be surrounded by people and hear their stories so every Friday night she invites a guest for dinner.  When Savannah needs a project at school their podcast is born and it's based on the Friday night dinner guests.  

Thomas has been wondering about his dad for a while so when a Friday night dinner conversation sways that way he gets an idea.  Why not try and do a podcast and see if they can find their dad.  After a few reservations from Savannah and Maggie they podcast begins.

The podcast turns out to be equally loved and hated by listeners but it's definitely gaining a lot of popularity.  The McClair's have teamed up with an agency and attention is getting out of hand.

I found The Kids are Gonna Ask intriguing to begin with but I did find it dragged on a bit too long.  When I found the book it was listed as General Fiction - Adult but I think it might be more appropriate in Young Adult.  Aside from some excessive drinking I think it would be appropriate.  I don't believe there were any curse words.  Perhaps the more appropriate age would be 17 - the age of the McClair twins.  Overall though I did enjoy the plot and I was invested to discover whoever the father is.


No comments:

Post a Comment