Friday, March 13, 2015

The Great Bike Rescue by Hazel Hutchins

17862212I've been working through the Silver Birch Express nominees with my grade 3 to grade 6 classes.  This week most of my classes completed their fifth book!!  I'm so proud of all of them.

The Great Bike Rescue is full of action from page number one.  Levi goes into the corner store just for a few minutes but it was enough time for someone to steal his bike.  He didn't lock it, but still, it's not right!!  The next day Riley's bike gets stolen too but his bike was locked.  The boys have a mystery to solve.  

The Great Bike Rescue was an action packed story.  Every chapter left on a cliff hanger.  In fact, this week as our library period ended I had two different classes ask me to read to them while they ate their lunch because they wanted to know what happened next.

This was a great read aloud.  I thought it might be too simple for the grade 6's but everyone seemed to enjoy it.  But the question remains...what will they vote for???  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment