Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Just a Bully by Mercer Mayer

760181

This week is bully awareness week.  Earlier in the week I read a book about bullying to the grade 3 class but it was a bit of a dud.  So today I went searching for something different to read with my grade 1 class.  I grabbed Just a Bully thinking it would probably be perfect.  I had never read it before so it was all new to me as I read with the kids.  This book was terrible!  First problem, the boy won't tell his mom about the bully.  Then he plays sick to stay home and his mom knows he's faking but lets him stay home anyway.  Then he punches the bully and after a little scolding he gets on the bus to be greeted by a round of high fives from the other kids.  Terrible!  The hunt for a good bully awareness book continues.....

No comments:

Post a Comment