Monday, November 17, 2014

Press Here - Herve Tullet

9677870Press Here by Herve Tullet only sits on the library shelf for about an hour at a time before someone grabs it up.  The kids love it.  The other day I watched a grade 8 student grab it and quietly enjoy the story again by herself.  It makes them smile no matter how old.  One day there was a technical glitch while we had about 100 kids waiting for a presentation.  I read this aloud to the group and surprisingly it worked.  The book is quite simple.  The book has kids pressing dots, shaking the book, clapping hands and more all to get a reaction on the next page.  It feels a bit magical.  As I said, it's quite a simple book but there's just something about it that brings a smile every time.

My grade 2 teacher has asked me to take a peak at Mix It Up also by Herve Tullet.  I haven't seen it yet but it seems it would be a good book to offer lessons on colours and art.

No comments:

Post a Comment