Friday, August 7, 2015

Lost in the Mountains of Death by Tracey Turner

24205966Lost is a new series that I just got at my school in June so no one has even had a chance to read it yet.  I thought I would sneak it home to read this summer and share with my two sons.  I love it!!  I read Lost in the Mountains of Death.  The book is written just like the Choose Your Own Adventure books that some might remember from when they were kids.  The great thing about this series though is that it's based on real facts.  So don't tell the kids but they're actually learning from it!

This one takes place in the Patagonian Andes.  The book starts off by giving an over of the climate, dangers in the area, etc.  Then it's straight into the action.  You awake in the middle of a snowstorm.  You get your bearings and quickly have to make decisions on what you will do next.  Go find your friends or build shelter.  You must way the risks and consequences of each decision.  But the fun part of the story is that you are the main character and you choose the path. 

I think this book would be great as a class read aloud.  I made it through one scenario in just a few minutes.  I can't wait to read this with the kids at school.  I think they are going to love them.

I would highly recommend this series for kids grade 4 to 8 that enjoy adventure and survival.  Teachers I'm certain there would be many ties that you could make to your curriculum with this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment