Friday, August 7, 2015

Us by David Nicholls

21423525I am quite stingy with my stars when rating my books.  4 stars is for books I really like but 5 stars is reserved for books I truly love.  Us is one of the few that I give 5 stars too.  I thought it was funny and romantic.

Connie has just announced that she would like a divorce.  Nothing wrong with Douglas but it's time for something new and exciting in life and Douglas isn't it.  They've scheduled a summer vacation across Europe with their 17 year old son and Connie insists they should still go.  Douglas sees this as an opportunity to change her mind.  All through their grand tour of Europe Douglas is reminded of the best and worst moments of their 25 year marriage.  Douglas is a bio-chemist and he reminds me a little bit of the main character from The Rosie Project.  

My favourite quote from the book is “Our biographies involve each other so intrinsically now that we're both on nearly every page.”   Isn't that beautiful?  I want to frame it and put it on my bookshelf.  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment