Tuesday, February 18, 2014

And Then it Happened by M & L Wade

And Then it Happened is a series of books with the target audience of young boys.  Canadian authors Michael and Laura Wade sure know their audience!  These books offer short chapters that are each a shorty story of their own.  Each story features the narrator who is friends with Pablo and Gordon.  Together they have some fun times and sometimes get up to a bit of mischief but nothing harmful. There are 11 books in the series with hopefully more to come.  

In my library these books are checked out by girls almost as much as they are checked out by boys.  They seem most popular with the grade 5 kids but I've seen kids grade 4 to 8 check them out.  The books aren't in a section for the grade 3's or they would probably take them out as well.  These days there are none on the shelves and I've got a waiting list on the newest books.  The kids are very excited and getting ready for a visit from Michael Wade this month.  I've heard he is an excellent presenter so I look forward to meeting him.  Scholastic had a deal in this month's book club orders for the first five books for $19.99 I believe.  I ordered the set for my youngest.  Also, when I ordered the most recent book from Chapters for my school library I found that it came autographed.  The kids were pretty excited about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment