Thursday, March 6, 2014

Close to the Heel by Norah McClintock

Close to the HeelClose to the Heel is the story of Rennie, a teenager who has recently lost his mother but discovered a long lost grandfather he didn't know he had.  When his grandfather dies he leaves behind a final request for each of his seven grandsons.  Rennie's is requested to take a journal to Iceland.  Rennie is ready for an adventure and to his escape his tough military father.  In Iceland he discovers he's a pretty tough guy as well.

This past Monday I attended an event at a high school in Guelph where I got to meet all 7 authors of the Seven series.  I was quite excited and brought my oldest son with me.  It was great to see how many young readers turned up on a cold Monday night to hear them speak.  The authors all spent a great deal of time speaking with everyone individually.  Many authographs were given.  It was a great night.  I loved seeing how excited the students were.

There will be a sequel to Close to the Heel published October 1st, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment