Friday, March 28, 2014

Mr. Zinger's Hat by Cary Fagan



This week I read Mr. Zinger's Hat with all my primary classes at school.  Reading this book this week was a really good tie in because last week we had Michael Wade as a guest speaker at the school.  He is the author of the And Then It Happened series.  His message to the students was that anyone can be a writer and Mr. Zinger's Hat proves it.  The story is about a lonely boy named Leo who is playing in the park.  He meets meet Mr. Zinger who says there is a story in his hat.  Together the two create a story.  The book had a mad libs feel to it; Mr. Zinger would start a sentence and Leo would finish it.  I really enjoyed the story and I think the kids did too.  I think it might have been a bit confusing for the kindergartens and perhaps a bit long for them.  I also think the grade 4's might enjoy this book as well.  Mr. Zinger's Hat is written by Cary Fagan.  It is nominated for the Blue Spruce award in the 2014 Forest of Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment