Thursday, August 21, 2014

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

The Geography of You and Me is a wonderful love story.  It's the story of two teenagers living in the same New York City apartment building.  Owen, the son of the building manager, lives in the basement apartment.  Lucy lives on the 25th floor in a spacious, beautiful unit.  Fate brings the two together in the elevator and luck gets them stuck in it.  Within a few short minutes a bond is formed but neither is certain what those feelings mean and what they other is making of them.  Both Lucy and Owen's lives are in an upheaval and they have to figure out their feelings from where ever they may be living at the time.

Recently I finished a book where I found I disliked just based on the fact that the title didn't reflect what the book was about.  The title misled me and I went into with a misconception of what this book was going to be about.  This is certainly not the case with The Geography of You and Me; it's a perfect title.  

The story is a perfect love story for those grade 7 and 8 girls that want to read romance.  There is no foul language and nothing leading or inappropriate.  I loved it and will certainly be adding The Geography of You and Me to my library shopping list for the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment